Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot print to my Epson Artisan 730

Just updated to El Cap 3 days ago. Can't print from any app to my Epson Artisan 730. All 4 of the families iOS devices will still print to this printer with AirPrint, but not the iMac 27. I have tried all the Epson solutions and none worked! I tried all the Apple suggestions in HT203343, NONE HELPED! From the looks at all the printer problems, I would be foolish to run out and buy a new printer since almost all are having some problem or other!

Hopeful for a solution soon!

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11), 27 inch

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 8:59 AM

9 replies

Oct 8, 2015 12:48 PM in response to sgtphil

So AddPrinter is failing to add the printer. Is there a reason you are using the IP method of adding the printer? Does the printer not appear in the Default tab in AddPrinter? Are there any related messages in /Applications/Utilities/Console when trying to add the printer? This could be a network issue, but making sure you can add the printer is the first step.

Oct 9, 2015 9:02 AM in response to John Blanchard1

Yes, AddPrinter fails to add the printer. It does show up in the default menu. The reason I used the IP method is because I have used every method shown in the Apple article mentioned above.. So I thought it might be good to restart my iMac. After it restarted, I tried to open the SysPerf for Printers and the Sys Perfs stopped responding. Even now the Epson Artisan 730 shows as a shared item.. Here is the Print Window as I tried to print this Safari page:

User uploaded file User uploaded file

I really feel stuck!

Oct 13, 2015 8:40 AM in response to sgtphil

This isn't any help, I'm sorry, but something is wrong if it's showing up as a shared printer, and that the printer appears in the print dialog but the Print button is disabled is also strange.

You could reset the printing system (again) and then try adding the Lexmark from the default menu using the AirPrint driver. Unless Printers & Scanners keeps crashing, then you might want to consider reinstalling the system - which is extreme, but I am not sure what else to suggest. Maybe calling Epson or Apple?

Oct 24, 2015 8:40 PM in response to John Blanchard1

Now 2 days ago I updated to OS 10.11.1 and this problem has started all over again! The EPSON Artisan 730 was as in the first post: not able to print or even bring up a print dialog box from any browser app or email. This has been frustrating. It will still print from our older iMac 10.6.8 and all our iOS devices, On one occasion I was able to get the Printer Perf to see the Epson and it would go online to an Apple upgrade server to find a driver, then a message indicated that it was unable to find an update and would all disappear when when I click the OK

Have re-installed 10.11.1 but that did not help at all maybe even made the problem worse!

Cannot print to my Epson Artisan 730

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.