Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos app - Photo not showing to change user picture / Videos not showing on imovie

Hi

I am having a lot of difficulty using Photos... I am more used to using iPhoto however, having recently reformatted my macbook after some serious lagging issues (went down to apple support and they told me it will help to resolve the lag issue), Photos have been driving me crazy!

I am unable to change my User login photo because there is no photos showing from Photos... and when I use iMovie, my videos and photos within Photos do not show up too. How do I got about resolving this? I have been searching the forums for an answer but it has not been working...

User uploaded file User uploaded file

P.S. If there is a solution on another thread, could you please kindly post the URL? My apologies if I am duplicating a thread with a similar problem.

Additional details of my macbook....

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 10:46 PM

Howdy Jojo,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If I understand correctly, applications like System Preferences and iMovie aren't seeing all of the pictures in that are in Photos. The article below provides a lot of great information and troubleshooting tips that should help you resolve the issue with Media Browser, which is what is used to share the pictures with those apps.

If Media Browser doesn't show your entire Photos library - Apple Support

Take care.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2015 10:46 PM in response to jojo-2015

Howdy Jojo,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

If I understand correctly, applications like System Preferences and iMovie aren't seeing all of the pictures in that are in Photos. The article below provides a lot of great information and troubleshooting tips that should help you resolve the issue with Media Browser, which is what is used to share the pictures with those apps.

If Media Browser doesn't show your entire Photos library - Apple Support

Take care.

Photos app - Photo not showing to change user picture / Videos not showing on imovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.