Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

message keeps going to audio

every time I send a message my text box keeps going to audio and I can't type in a message.

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 11:06 AM

A significant number of people are having that problem since iOS 9. One solution (at least a temporary one) is to quit Messages and then double-click the Home button to open the app switcher. In the app switcher find the Messages app and slide it up to remove it. Then close app switcher by clicking the Home button. That should solve the problem -- for a while at least. Another solution that is working for some is to go to Settings > Messages and toggle either the Show Subject Field or Character Count setting.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2015 11:06 AM in response to woody2443

A significant number of people are having that problem since iOS 9. One solution (at least a temporary one) is to quit Messages and then double-click the Home button to open the app switcher. In the app switcher find the Messages app and slide it up to remove it. Then close app switcher by clicking the Home button. That should solve the problem -- for a while at least. Another solution that is working for some is to go to Settings > Messages and toggle either the Show Subject Field or Character Count setting.

message keeps going to audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.