Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP! What are the black bars that wrap dissolves around all clips in the time line?

All of a sudden I have black bar linking dissolves around all my clips in the time line? It is taking hours to render.

How do I get rid of these? I cannot undo.

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 11:21 AM

13 replies

Oct 8, 2015 12:10 PM in response to JasonA.

The only solution is to select and delete the cross dissolves either individually or by holding down command and click on each one. You can then drag each clip that is still in a secondary storyline out of the black groupings but you run the risk of loosing sync. I just did some testing and it seems better to start from the end of your clip and make your way to the beginning. If you take the first clip out of a group, the following clips in the group snap to the beginning of the group. Whereas if you start at the end everything stays in place easier. If its a big project, I personally would just delete the dissolves and leave the groups alone if they are already in the correct places.

Oct 8, 2015 12:39 PM in response to garyfromladysmith

SSelect the bar and use break apart. The transitions will be lost. Either you have clips free to move around or you have transitisuons. Secondary storyline content behaves magnetically just like the primary. I usually group sections of B-roll into a secondary Even if there are no transitions. The magnetic storyline prevents gaps appear in the B-roll showing the unlying video.

HELP! What are the black bars that wrap dissolves around all clips in the time line?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.