Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm trying to delete an icon off my iPad 2. I have updated to iOS 9. When I tap on and hold the icon on the main screen, it wiggles but there is no "x" to delete it. How do I delete it.

I have updated to the ISO 9.0.2 version. I have noticed a new icon on my Ipad2 called "News". I looked in settings and it is right under safari. I didn't upload the app. Now I'm trying to dele this app. If I tap and hold onto the app, there is no "x" to remove it. How do I remove this app off my home screen. Luebkel.

I looked at the other apps wiggling and they also don't have an "x" to delete.

iPad 2, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 11:58 AM

9 replies

Oct 9, 2015 5:02 AM in response to Luebkel

If Restrictions is OFF, the other settings are - or should be - irrelevant.

Try a forced restart: Simultaneously hold down the Home and On buttons until the device shuts down. Ignore the off slider if it appears. Once shut down is complete, if it doesn't restart on it own, turn the device back on using the On button. In some cases it also helps to double click the Home button and close all apps BEFORE doing the restart.

I'm trying to delete an icon off my iPad 2. I have updated to iOS 9. When I tap on and hold the icon on the main screen, it wiggles but there is no "x" to delete it. How do I delete it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.