Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can Apple repair my iphone 5 charger port without resetting it?

I took my iPhone 5 into Apple about a month ago because it had stopped charging. Probably due to the fact that I was charging with a non apple charger. They told me that the charger port was probably damaged. I was wondering if they will repair the charger port without having to reset the phone back to its normal state when I first bought it? The thing is, I didn't backup my photos and now I am unable to do it because the phone wont even come on.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.2

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 11:51 AM

2 replies

Oct 8, 2015 12:00 PM in response to ssmith1986

ssmith1986 wrote:

I took my iPhone 5 into Apple about a month ago because it had stopped charging. Probably due to the fact that I was charging with a non apple charger. They told me that the charger port was probably damaged. I was wondering if they will repair the charger port without having to reset the phone back to its normal state when I first bought it? The thing is, I didn't backup my photos and now I am unable to do it because the phone wont even come on.

You'll need to ask them. Some Apple Stores do repairs. I had my speaker repaired and it didn't require restoring my phone. However, the repair wasn't successful and they had to swap my phone anyway. But, you may get lucky.

Once you get your phone repaired, start backing it up regularly. If you use iCloud, it will back up your phone while it's charging at night as long as it's connected to WiFi.

Oct 8, 2015 2:07 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Ok. Thanks!!! yea I think they can repair it but he said something like they will have to restore it and I would lose the pictures. It was last backed up on August 28 and I haven't used the phone since then because it stopped working completely. But Im not sure if my photos were backed up. I went on icloud and I didn't see them. I don't know what else to do. I was hoping all they have to do is replace my battery

Can Apple repair my iphone 5 charger port without resetting it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.