Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage with Android phone and Mac

My wife has a MB Pro and android. I have a MB Pro and iPhone.

She created an account on iMessage.

When I text her either from my iPhone or MBP sometimes the message goes to her android and sometimes it only goes to her Mac.

Composing a text in iMessage if I chose or enter her cell number it goes to iMessage on her MBP instead and she doesn't see it on her android. And, at times composing a message on my iPhone it only goes to her MBP.

I get her messages on both my phone and Mac. What's going on?

Any workaround for this problem?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2009), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 12:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 12:37 PM

Turn off imessage on her MB Pro. Then your phone will only send her a text message instead of imessage.

You receive her message because you receive it as a SMS text message. You can't imessage between Android and iphone.

When you send her a message since she has imessage on her MB Pro it will send to that.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2015 12:37 PM in response to Bruce L.

Turn off imessage on her MB Pro. Then your phone will only send her a text message instead of imessage.

You receive her message because you receive it as a SMS text message. You can't imessage between Android and iphone.

When you send her a message since she has imessage on her MB Pro it will send to that.

Oct 8, 2015 1:59 PM in response to Bruce L.

It sounds like at one time your wife had an iPhone and that was used with iMessage. When she transitioned to Android, she did not de-register her iPhone's number.

She should do so now:

Deregister iMessage: Frequently Asked Questions - Apple Support

Of course, you should remove any reference to her cell number (Android) when using iMessage. I believe you have done this.

iMessage with Android phone and Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.