Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 6s keeps freezing up and shutting down. Does anyone know how to stop this?

I am beyond frustrated with my new iphone 6s. It keeps freezing up and slowing shuts down at which point I need to do a hard restart. This happens frequently and I am about to throw it. I have updated the software to iOS 9.0.2. I have wiped the phone clean and reinstalled everything again. I have taken it to Verizon who ran a diagnostic test on it which should no issues. I have tried to restart it normally. I don't know what else to do. Any suggestions.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 12:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 21, 2016 8:04 AM

Hi

There is an iPhone 6s Program for Unexpected Shutdown Issues.

The program covers iPhone 6s devices within a limited serial number range that were manufactured between September and October 2015.

Apple advises that, if you have experienced the issue, you should visit an Apple Retail Store or an Apple Authorised Service Provider to have your iPhone examined and the serial number checked to confirm your eligibility for a battery replacement, free of charge.

More information and instructions:

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone6s-unexpectedshutdown/

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 21, 2016 8:04 AM in response to lk_1775

Hi

There is an iPhone 6s Program for Unexpected Shutdown Issues.

The program covers iPhone 6s devices within a limited serial number range that were manufactured between September and October 2015.

Apple advises that, if you have experienced the issue, you should visit an Apple Retail Store or an Apple Authorised Service Provider to have your iPhone examined and the serial number checked to confirm your eligibility for a battery replacement, free of charge.

More information and instructions:

https://www.apple.com/support/iphone6s-unexpectedshutdown/

My iPhone 6s keeps freezing up and shutting down. Does anyone know how to stop this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.