Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Buying iPhone 6s in U.S. Use it in Europe. Band freq. and warranty

I have few questions that I can't find answers about...

* an iPhone 6s bought in U.S. Will it work with ever carrier in Europe?

* What does Apple warranty say? Can I repair it in Europe on warranty?

* Does Apple sell iPhone 6 in U.S unlocked and contract free?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 12:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 2:07 PM

I can tell you for sure there are no International warranty. IF you buy in the U.S. and you need to repair/replace your phone you will need to come back to the U.S.

Don't know if it will work with every carrier, for sure you may not get LTE network.

They do, full purchase priced sold in Apple stores.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2015 2:07 PM in response to Exmor

I can tell you for sure there are no International warranty. IF you buy in the U.S. and you need to repair/replace your phone you will need to come back to the U.S.

Don't know if it will work with every carrier, for sure you may not get LTE network.

They do, full purchase priced sold in Apple stores.

Oct 10, 2015 2:07 PM in response to Exmor

I can confirm as well that international warranty does not apply. Had a case with an iPhone 5 and actually had to get it repaired back in the states. An Apple employee of the Apple Store in Germany told me that the chipsets are different and they can't even do an RMA for a iPhone in Germany for a US iPhone. Their computer system won't allow that.

About 4G/LTE, have a look here: http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

They sell it SIM-Free (no contract, no lock). The SIM-free iPhone 6s model is A1633 and the SIM-free iPhone 6s Plus model is A1634.

Buying iPhone 6s in U.S. Use it in Europe. Band freq. and warranty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.