Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there 2 kinds of Lightning connections?

I have an iPad Mini (first one) and loaned it to my friend. I told her that her iPhone 5S cable will work on it but she says it doesn't fit and she doesn't want to break her phone cable. My paperwork says my mini has a Lightning Connector. Is there now a newer Quick Lightning one? (I haven't used my Mini in a long time). I'm back to using my iPad2 that I can FaceTime on.

iPad 2, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 12:35 PM

7 replies

Oct 8, 2015 1:10 PM in response to Phil0124

She and my husband both have the 5S. I know for sure. She gets confused a lot. I have to help her every day. Just spent 4 days with her. We tried to update her iMac to El Capitan and her hard drive failed. So we had to take it into the Apple store and leave it. That's why she was trying to use her iPad but it wouldn't connect to the internet. So I sent my Mini home with her to see if it would connect and it didn't either. She had to power cycle her router and then her iPad (and mine) worked.

She said her old iPhone had a different plug but that must be the 30pin which definitely won't work. Wonder why she couldn't fit her iPhone 5S cable in all the way?

Oct 8, 2015 1:13 PM in response to WhiteVolvo

I'm trying to figure out why you would let her any where near any of your electronic. 😁 Kidding aside, get your hands on them and check them your self. There is on one type lightening connector. Would appear she is quite confused or plugging it in wrong. Or if there actually is an issue, she may be about to trash another device and cable.

Oct 8, 2015 3:10 PM in response to Kilgore-Trout

Ok she got home and FaceTimed me. Arrrrrrgh, She kept saying the opening looked different. I told her to plug it in. She wasn't pushing it in hard enough. It works. Hope I get a couple days rest before she gets her iMac back with the new hard drive and we try to restore from her passport. They're going to put El Capitan on it. I'm a Windows user so Mac is all strange to me. I always have trouble trying to print things out on her Mac.

Is there 2 kinds of Lightning connections?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.