Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have to pay for the basics app's

Hi, i have a problem with apps such as Keynote, Numbers and Notes. Before I, another person Was using my mac, and i couldn't use those apps, because there was a need to update them. I wasn't able to do this, because during updating i was asked to type the password for the Appstore account of the man who was using the mac before. The only way i could behave, was to unninstall the apps and try to install them agian.

And the problem is, that right know i have to pay for each $19,99. And I would like to ask, what i should do to get them for free? Its actually the first time i am downloading them from my Appstore Account, i have them installed also on my iPhone for free (it is registerted in the same Appstore Account). Please help me to solve this problem,

thanks

MacBook Air, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 12:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 12:39 PM

They are not free basic apps. You need to pay for them. Whoever owned the Mac before you bought these Apps and only he can update those apps through his Apple ID. They will be forever tied to that account. Therefore if you require updating any apps purchased by the previous owner you will not be able to do so. This is the case with OSX and also iOS. Sorry, but you need to purchase your own copies.

Cheers

Pete

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2015 12:39 PM in response to maled

They are not free basic apps. You need to pay for them. Whoever owned the Mac before you bought these Apps and only he can update those apps through his Apple ID. They will be forever tied to that account. Therefore if you require updating any apps purchased by the previous owner you will not be able to do so. This is the case with OSX and also iOS. Sorry, but you need to purchase your own copies.

Cheers

Pete

I have to pay for the basics app's

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.