Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

time restriction in iOS

I am using Bike Brain to track my rides and am running iOS 9.0.2 on an iPhone 6. All of the sudden, I am getting a message "Due to the time restriction in iOS, this app will stop running in 60/30/0 seconds" and then it stops. Anyone know why this is occurring? Setting >General>Restrictions is turned off and that's the only place I can imagine is controlling this.

Thanks, Bernie

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 1:16 PM

2 replies

Oct 14, 2015 1:16 AM in response to bernardfromlongmont

Razmee - Good suggestion. In parallel, I did contact the developer and they said:

Thank you for using our BioLogic BikeBrain app and for your feedback.

This is a known issue when the latest BikeBrain app version 2.12.2 is run on iOS 9. In iOS 9, Apple restricts each app running in background to a maximum of 3 minutes elapse time. The time restriction even applies to apps using GPS. After 3 minutes, iOS automatically terminates the app in order to save battery.

We have fixed the issue in version 2.13.1 which has been submitted to App Store and now are waiting for approval. Once it is approved, you will be able to update to version 2.13.1.

Sincerely,

The Premium Bike Gear Customer Service Team

Now the challenge is to get the updated app through the Apple test gauntlet!

Bernie

time restriction in iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.