Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On my ipad air 2 on am receiving the error message cannot get mail connection to the server failed.....help

Receiving the message cannot get mail the connection to the server failed on my IPAD Air 2....

iPad Air

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 12:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 1:11 PM

I get that message in all of my email accounts from time to time. Sometimes the mail app just can't connect to the server and sometime I think it's a fluke.Try closing the mail app and force restart your iPad. You won't lose any data.

Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps. Swipe left to find the app you want to close.

Swipe up on the app's preview to close it.

To force restart your device, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home button for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2015 1:11 PM in response to badcad

I get that message in all of my email accounts from time to time. Sometimes the mail app just can't connect to the server and sometime I think it's a fluke.Try closing the mail app and force restart your iPad. You won't lose any data.

Press the Home button two times quickly. You'll see small previews of your recently used apps. Swipe left to find the app you want to close.

Swipe up on the app's preview to close it.

To force restart your device, press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home button for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.

Oct 8, 2015 1:10 PM in response to badcad

Are you at home? My friend couldn't get her iPad to connect to the internet said server failed and she just needed to power cycle her router. That happens sometime. So you might want to unplug the Modem and unplug the Router from the wall, then wait a minute or two. Then first plug in the Modem and wait for all the lights to be steady. Then plug in the Router and wait for it. Then try your iPad again.

On my ipad air 2 on am receiving the error message cannot get mail connection to the server failed.....help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.