Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Static During all Calls (iPhone 6s Plus)

Hi,

I just recently bought a new iPhone 6s Plus 128GB about 8 days ago.

Everything was fun up until yesterday night.

Suddenly all phone calls, wifi calls or even calls to my voicemail now seem to produce a lot of 'Static and or Crackling' noises. To the point where the person on the other end can also hear it AND the person on the other end cannot hear me because of it.

I can also confirm that both my Speakerphone and Earphones are fine and have no static.

I've done all the trouble shooting i can think of:

- Reboot

- Hard Reset

- Firmware update

- Toggle Bluetooth

- Toggle Noice Cancelling

- Toggle 3G and Cellular Data

- Airplane mode

- Cleaned all ports with compressed air

And i followed all directions outlined here (Multiple times)

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203800

I also did a fair amount of research on this issue. Ive seen a plethorah of articles written about this for iphone 4s and 5 but not many referring to the 6, 6s or Plus.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 1:00 PM

2 replies

Oct 14, 2015 4:46 PM in response to Mike Oh

I have an iPhone 6+ running IOS 9.0.2 and I'm also having the same issue and did the exact same things you did Mike. I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find any answers to have this issue resolved including the link https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203800.

I've even had my iPhone 6+ looked at by Sprint and they did everything they could, but no luck resolving the issue with static with any outgoing calls. I've done a hard reset, reboot, restore from backup, and a restore as a new phone (in case there was an issue) and nothing works. It works for a brief moment after all of the previously mentioned where my outgoing calls are clear to the person on the other end, but as the day progresses the static comes back. It's so bad that the person on the other end can't hear what I'm saying.

If anyone can help and provide any solution, it would be greatly appreciated.

Static During all Calls (iPhone 6s Plus)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.