Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS9 on iPhone6 isn't delivering my text replies to group messages as iMessage or SMS. Help!

I have an AT&T iPhone6 with the latest software update (iOS9.2) and my text replies to Group
Message is not deliverable as an iMessage or SMS. I've checked my settings for Messages and reset and also have the SMS button toggled to on. Is this an operating system upgrade issue or AT&T issue, especially since others in the Group Message are with Verizon. this has been going on ever since the iOS8 update. I appreciate anyone's insight on this problem. I haven problems texting/replying when it goes to single cell numbers, but it's a huge problem in Group Messages.

Thanks!

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2, iMessage

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 1:38 PM

2 replies

Oct 9, 2015 11:02 AM in response to razmee209

Problem solved! I spoke with an ATT technician and he said I had to restore my iPhone 6 to the factory settings. I backed everything up on my computer and then restored to the default factory setting. If you backup through ITunes, it shows a screen that has the latest iOS 9 update. I selected the button that says to restore to default settings (or something like that). I should have also backed up on my external hard drive, just in case; but turns out I really didn't need to. I would recommend it though as a precaution, especially if any problems arise.

After the complete process, I sent out a Group Text message to people who are on ATT, Verizon, and T-Mobile. All phones received my Group Text and also received my replies to the original Group Text. So, Yayyyy!!! it worked. Unfortunately, I had a couple of Apps with data that did not get backed up on my computer, so I had to restore the data manually.

To be on the safe side, call ATT Technical Support and by all means, back-up your phone and all data!

Good Luck! 🙂

iOS9 on iPhone6 isn't delivering my text replies to group messages as iMessage or SMS. Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.