Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no microphone when head phone jack is in use

When I am in my vehicle and I have my phone plugged into the car radio, it will not allow me to use the voice dial,talk to siri etc.... basically it is disabling the microphone. Siri just says "go ahead im listening" This worked fine with my 5S. Anyone else having this problem? Anyway to fix?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 1:46 PM

2 replies

Oct 8, 2015 3:02 PM in response to miky2884

Does the phone microphone work if you plug in normal headphones (i.e. ones WITHOUT a microphone built into them)? If not, it's possible you have some debris in the headphone jack which is making the phone think you've plugged a headset in. I've had success clearing the headphone jack using a Q-Tip (you'll probably have to pull some off the cotton off first to make it fit).

no microphone when head phone jack is in use

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.