Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How Do I Add/Delete An Email From iCloud/App Store

Hello Fellow iMac Users!

I Have An iMac And An iPhone 4S, I Have Had An Issue With iCloud And iTunes For Months On These Devices. I'll Explain Each Device Below:

When I First Got My iMac, My Cousin Set It Up For Me (i.e. He Used His Personal Email To Sign Into The App Store) On 25th June 2015, I Got An Update For iMovie 11 On My Mac, When I Clicked It To Sign In, It Asked For His Email Address (He Later Told Me He Couldn't Remember His Password For This Particular Email Address) And It Wouldn't Let Me Sign In Using My Own Apple ID, I've Tried Everything To Edit It So My Email Comes Up But Nothing Will Happen...

As Stated Above, I Also Have An iPhone 4S Which My Dad Set Up For Me Using His Own Email Address For His Apple ID On His iPhone 4S.... Now When I Want To Download Or Update Something, It's Asking For His Email Address (He Too Can't Remember The Password To This Email Address)...

I Really Hope Someone Can Help Me With This Problem, As It's Been Going On For Months And It's Driving Me And My Cousin Insane Trying To Go Through The Internet For Answers.....

Thank You So Much,

Bobfari From Ireland.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 1:02 PM

1 reply

Oct 8, 2015 3:06 PM in response to Bobfari

When your cousin and your dad set up your devices with their Apple IDs instead of using your Apple ID, they've made these devices and primarily the apps theirs instead of yours. You should never allow them to set up your devices with their Apple IDs.

To defeat this issue, you will need to erase both devices and return them to the factory settings and set them up properly with your own Apple ID. Unfortunately you may not be able to recover any apps that were bundled free with the purchase of your device as your cousin and your dad have claimed them for theirselves.

Late 2012 Mac mini, OS X El Capitan 10.11; Apple Watch, 38 mm silver AL, Watch OS 2; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 6+, iOS 9.0.2

How Do I Add/Delete An Email From iCloud/App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.