Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

basic midi controller help

Hi Guys,

I am new to recording in general and all the equipment. I thought the midi controller part would be pretty plug and play but i just can't seem to get the controller to work with software instruments. All the videos I can find say "so now you select the midi controller..." but that's where I'm stuck. It doesn't seem to be an input option for logic pro. Apologies for such a basic question, but I'm getting nowhere on my own.

Current set up:

New MacBook Pro, 8G Memory

Yosemite 10.10.5

Logic Pro X 10.2.0

Keyboard/controller: Piaggero Yamaha NP-31 (there don't seem to be any drivers on their website to download)

Connector: MIO midi 2 usb (not suer i needed it but I downloaded their iconfig version 4.1.2; it recognizes the mio)

Now, when I connect the MIO usb cable, the Mac recognizes that the midi options have changed and 1 input/1 output are now available. The MIO shows up in the MIDI Studio but not as a device in Audio Devices. Should it?

Am I missing something I need to set up here in the midi studio?

how do I get logic pro to recognize/use the yamaha controller?

On a friend's system, I did previously hook the yamaha up to an ElevenRack and the midi controller worked in ProTools. It seems like it should work here also. Here are the steps I'm trying to set up a midi controlled track:

New track;

Software Instrument | Vintage Electric Piano | OUtput 1 + 2 | Create

Now I would expect to be able to make the Input Device the Midi controller but that isn't an option.

I have also tried:

New track;

External Midi | Use External Plug-in | OUtput Mio All and OUtput 1 + 2 | But the input device is still system, internal mic or my apollo

What am I doing wrong? It seems to recognize the midi and the external library of instruments but no throughput.

FYI, I also have a Universal Audio Apollo Twin | Solo connected to the thunderbolt port. It is working just fine in logic pro.

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 1:19 PM

There are no replies.

basic midi controller help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.