Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading speed is way too slow like 20mbps

hello guys

i just bought a MacBook Pro 13 early 2011. I m trying to download the OS X EL CAPTAIN

but the downloading speed is way too slow not going over 20 Mbps. my internet is Optus NBN and it works

ffaster on Windows laptop 5 years older.

need some help to fix it

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 2:34 PM

4 replies

Oct 8, 2015 3:47 PM in response to Jass Pabla

There is always a concern that the speed limitation may be caused by your local Wi-Fi connection being awful. So before you go much further, see what your speed is when you run a download speed test. Just enter "speed test" in to any Browser search window and pick one, and run it to see a typical best-case speed under current conditions.

--------

When the Apple downloader starts up, it looks for two things: An estimate of how fast your connection might be, and whether it can combine your download with someone else's download to save overhead at its end.

If you don't like the speed at which it will be downloaded to you (as indicated by time in days) cancel it, and ask again in a few minutes. In many cases, the answer will be different.

Downloading speed is way too slow like 20mbps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.