Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ordering of bookmarks in Safari 8 — newest on top?

For me, it was efficient to have Safari 5 place the newest, just-added bookmark at the top of the bookmarks list. Is there a way to make Safari 8 add bookmarks the same way, rather than putting them at the bottom of the sidebar?

My search of the forum and Safari help and preferences has not turned up anything. Am I out of luck on this one?

thanks for any advice,

Jim

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 1:54 PM

2 replies

Oct 8, 2015 8:00 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thanks much for the suggestion, Carolyn. I deleted cache.db several times, but nothing changed. Strange. It makes no sense to put the newest bookmark at the bottom of a long, long list.

I kept thinking there must be a preference or some kind of triangle like in a finder window that allows you to order a list either newest to oldest, or oldest to newest, but, no, not that I could find.

I did discover that I'm a bookmark hoarder and need to go to rehab. I had imported them from a Snow Leopard drive and Safari version 5. Thinking the import might have something to do with it, for the last test, I deleted every single bookmark, more than a thousand, to start fresh. Safari 8 still put the newest bookmark on the bottom, but now I have only three, so they are easier to find.

cheers,

jim

Ordering of bookmarks in Safari 8 — newest on top?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.