Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage not working on my mac after logic board replacement

I recently got my 2011 mac pro logic board replaced under the recall warranty. Since I received it back iMessage and FaceTime calls linking to my phone are not working. My serial number is showing up so the board was flashed. I have called apple support and they are stumped. I have deleted all the plist files affected and the keychain files to no avail. I have signed in and out of iCloud on all devices and back in to no avail. I have created a new user on my mac and it still does not work. When I try to set up text message forwarding my computer shows up twice. I am not receiving the activation codes on my computer. When apple support tried to share my screen, their request did not reach my computer and we had to connect an alternative way. Every other function on my computer is working perfectly.

thanks for the help in advance

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 2:16 PM

1 reply

iMessage not working on my mac after logic board replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.