Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I see the dock only on the desktop?

When I work on a document in its full screen size, the dock is still there. How can I make a setting to see the dock constantly only on the desktop besides the option of hiding and showing the dock by moving the mouse?

MacBook Air, dock

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 2:37 PM

9 replies

Oct 9, 2015 12:22 AM in response to sberman

This is how Safari look like when I open the browser. Notice how the mouse point is not on the dock or at the bottom of the screen. It's always on every windows which gets to be very annoying at times. The dock menu is always there. Is thereno way to fix the dock only on the desktop besides setting the dock with the "hide and show" option? 😟 I mean that's fine if this version seriously doesn't offer that kind of option yet (hopefully they can fix this issue in the next version if that's possible), but it's just going to get more and more irritated for me though, so if there is any way I can set it up, please let me know! Thanks! 🙂
User uploaded file

How can I see the dock only on the desktop?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.