Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The majority of my music in my library won't play.

After transferring music from my old pc to my new mac, it would not play unless I selected a song individually, and no songs would appear in 'up next.' The only songs that will appear in 'up next' when I shuffle the music are songs that I purchased after I purchased this mac. Also when I add the songs to a playlist, they are grey and faded looking, as if they aren't downloaded. But they are downloaded. I had trouble with home sharing when first attempting to transfer my songs. But the songs are on my computer and I can play them if selected. How do I fix this so the music is fully able to play?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 2:45 PM

4 replies

Oct 10, 2015 2:14 AM in response to josietop

I Have a suggestion. It worked for me.

open iTunes with Option key and create a new iTunes Library. Next find the folder contains all of your music. Then Add that folder to your iTunes Library. You have built a brand new library letting iTunes do all of the work. You shouldn't have any problems. Create and Add to Library. Add your movies, TV Shows, etc in the same way. Good luck.

The majority of my music in my library won't play.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.