Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud session expiration on iTunes

iTunes prompts me to enter my iCloud password every time I open the app, and sometimes even more than once. It reads that my "iCloud session has expired." Is there a way to make this stop, or to save my password? Currently running OS X El Capitan

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 3:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 23, 2015 11:49 AM

I went through the hoops with some bloke from Apple, and it worked for a couple of days, now, whenever I logon, I get the same message as you. They had me sign out of the Store, sign back in, delete some cache material in a couple of preferences, which all sounded very professional - to no result.

My solution, which was really, really radical, was to signout of iTunes and have nothingto do with it!

Of course, this means that I can't download anything from the iTunes store, but that's no big problem.

In comment, it's a crying shame that a company I've been buying computer equipment from since 1993 can't be bothered to put the resources into fixing this little problem; I don't think they realise how irritating it is to have iTunes wailing away that it needs my password again and again and again. I can live without the iTunes store.

This is probably no help at all, but I've gone down the road with Apple engineers; I have AppleCare coverage, and they should do better. They can't and it seems like they don't care.

I'd be interested if you get a more than 2 day fix!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 23, 2015 11:49 AM in response to MasAce

I went through the hoops with some bloke from Apple, and it worked for a couple of days, now, whenever I logon, I get the same message as you. They had me sign out of the Store, sign back in, delete some cache material in a couple of preferences, which all sounded very professional - to no result.

My solution, which was really, really radical, was to signout of iTunes and have nothingto do with it!

Of course, this means that I can't download anything from the iTunes store, but that's no big problem.

In comment, it's a crying shame that a company I've been buying computer equipment from since 1993 can't be bothered to put the resources into fixing this little problem; I don't think they realise how irritating it is to have iTunes wailing away that it needs my password again and again and again. I can live without the iTunes store.

This is probably no help at all, but I've gone down the road with Apple engineers; I have AppleCare coverage, and they should do better. They can't and it seems like they don't care.

I'd be interested if you get a more than 2 day fix!

iCloud session expiration on iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.