Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove ios9

my perfectly functional iPhone 5.2 has become a brick Since installing ios9

-slow to do things

- very very slow to join wifi

- terrible battery life

- painful to use

how do I reinstall ios7? Any ideas. I know Apple is loathed to listen to customer feedback, so hope someone else has a solution...

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 3:48 PM

4 replies

Oct 8, 2015 3:51 PM in response to me7057092

Apple does not provide a path to downgrade iOS. What troubleshooting have you tried? I'm not sure what an iPhone 5.2 is, unless you are referring to the iPhone 5s or 5c, but my iPhone 5s was working perfectly until I updated a couple of days ago to the iPhone 6s.

Apple will listen to feedback. They actually provide a link for you to provide it. Go to http://www.apple.com/feedback and click on the appropriate subject area. They will not answer, but they do read and review all posts there.

Oct 8, 2015 4:07 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

HI chris

I Disagree. Apple are not feedback led. Previous us experience has suggested they are not interested in client feedback - new sales are more important than old kit users

v5.2 iPhone is version of phone. absence of downgrade path is regrettable. iOS 7 was working fine for me, but overnight I have a slow tedious phone than I dislike

ssolutions for getting back to a workable version gratefully received!

mark

Oct 8, 2015 6:47 PM in response to me7057092

me7057092 wrote:

HI chris

I Disagree. Apple are not feedback led. Previous us experience has suggested they are not interested in client feedback - new sales are more important than old kit users

v5.2 iPhone is version of phone. absence of downgrade path is regrettable. iOS 7 was working fine for me, but overnight I have a slow tedious phone than I dislike

ssolutions for getting back to a workable version gratefully received!

mark

As I explained earlier, that must be some type of code for the phone, because there is no standard named phone called the v5.2. Apple accepts feedback as I indicated earlier, which was in response to your statement that they were "loathed to listen to customer feedback", which is not true. Many times feedback has resulted in changes being made to devices and software.

No one forced you to update from iOS 7, that can only be done via user interaction. However, since you have done it, there is no use discussing it now, since you cannot change it. Make sure you are using the latest version of iTunes for your computer and the user troubleshooting steps are restart, reset, restore from backup, restore as new. Test after each step.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

How to remove ios9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.