Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos on my iPhone duplicates and triplicates?

Photos are shared on all devices - iMac, laptop, phone, iPad. iPhone has duplicates and triplicates of pictures

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 3:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 11:09 AM

This may be caused by an iTunes setting telling it to sync certain folders from photos. Plug your iPhone into your mac and check out these settings and I suspect you will find that you have this setting activated.

Hope this helps.

PJRS

6 replies

Jan 31, 2018 11:37 AM in response to PJRS

Thanks for the reply. What should the settings be? Is this necessary just between iPhone and desktop? or do I need to do anything with the laptop and iPad?

Oct 12, 2015 4:01 AM in response to Community User

Depends wether you plug and sync your other devices each device can have it's own settings. You can set it to what want, by choosing photos in the list on the left when you plug a device in. You can select specific folders in photos all your photos or just turn it off, uncheck the Sync Photos and it will not put any photo's back onto your device.

Hope this helps.

PJRS

photos on my iPhone duplicates and triplicates?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.