Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After trying to get windows 10 on my macbook air, (A1465), I was unable to complete the installation process due to a "missing driver for something to do with a CD or DVD"

I have a Macbook Air from Early 2015 with El Capitan, 10.11; I would like to know if there is a way to get drivers for windows, of perhaps how I can solve this issue. I was using bootcamp for creating a separate partition on my laptop with 128 gb of storage and I barely touched the Setup for Windows once I got this new curser, which was unmistakably from windows. I used an old PC with almost the same hardware on my mac to get drivers, but they were not compatible. I was wondering if there was a way to solve this or perhaps I should bring my computer to an Apple Store. If you need more information, feel free to contact me on this topic at the following address:

*****.****.*****@icloud.com

or

*****.****.*****@gmail.com

Thanks for reading this question in the forum and I hope it gets answered quickly!

<Personal Information Edited by Host>

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), A 11" Macbook Air 128 gb HardDrive

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 3:52 PM

1 reply

Oct 8, 2015 4:17 PM in response to Oveciox

1. Please do not post your personal email address(es) on the forum.

2. The missing driver is related to the ISO used to build the USB installer being corrupted during download. This is block corruption. Please download the ISO and rebuild your installer.

3. Please see Direct download of Boot Camp 6 drivers for various available methods to get BC6/W10 drivers.

After trying to get windows 10 on my macbook air, (A1465), I was unable to complete the installation process due to a "missing driver for something to do with a CD or DVD"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.