Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verifying Payment

When I try to set up my family sharing, it tells me that I need to verify my payment. After following all of the instructions, I end up in Account Settings. Here is says "PayPal is not supported on this device. To manage or change your payment method, go to the iTunes Store on your computer". I found one place online where I could edit my credit card information. I have a valid card online, but my phone does not seem to acknowledge this. It still says that I "must verify [my] payment info before [I] can make purchases". How can I successfully change my payment settings in a way that my phone will recognize it?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 5:18 PM

1 reply

Oct 9, 2015 3:11 AM in response to steveapex

PayPal (which as far as I am aware is only available in the US) can only be set up via a computer's iTunes - that is where you are going to (Change or remove your Apple ID payment information in the iTunes Store - Apple Support), not Apple's website ?

But if you are trying to set up family sharing with child accounts then the page that you posted from includes :

Before you begin, make sure that you're using a credit card or UnionPay as your iTunes Store and App Store payment method. To comply with child online privacy protection laws, you will use the CVV, verification code sent via SMS, or security code from a valid payment method as part of providing your parental consent. If the card on file is a debit card or another payment method, you’ll be asked to provide a valid payment method before you can continue. After you create the child's Apple ID, you can change your payment method.

Verifying Payment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.