Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

received this error from outlook: Task 'r.felix.desouza@me.com - Sending' reported error (0x80042109) : 'Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Inte

I received this error using Outlook:

Sending' reported error (0x80042109) : 'Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Windows 10-OTHER, Windows 10

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 4:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 12:30 PM

ok. so do what it says and contact your email server admin

5 replies

Oct 10, 2015 1:44 PM in response to r. felix

Here is the answer to my original question. Some time back I had a similar problem and I changed the Apple SMTP server address to p99-SMTP.mail.me.com and that corrected the problem. I went to the support site for the Apple SMTP parameters and it suggested using smtp.mail.me.com. These parameters now work once again. I can recall an instance where they didn't work; hence the change to p99-smtp.mail.me.com.

Why did p99-smtp.mail.me.com suddenly stop working?

Now the issue is solved!!

received this error from outlook: Task 'r.felix.desouza@me.com - Sending' reported error (0x80042109) : 'Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Inte

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.