Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Videos are cropped on my phone?

hello! I have the iPhone 6 plus and ever since I upgraded to ios9, some of my older videos are cropped. For example, I met Ed Sheeran January of 2013, and I took videos of him singing. Normally, I could see his entire body in the video, but now his entire head and shoulders are cropped out. They were just fine before I upgraded to ios9. Does anybody else have a similar problem? are there any solutions? Also--- I can see his head and shoulders when looking in the camera roll, but as soon as I click on it, his head and shoulders are cropped out. I'm not sure why it's doing this, And it'll be really upsetting if I can't fix it.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 5:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 3:48 AM

Having the same problem here. When I select the video and then hit Edit, the full, un-cropped video is viewable. Give that a try to see your whole video - it is annoying and shouldn't be necessary, but at least you can see the whole video that way. Hoping this gets fixed.

6 replies

Oct 10, 2015 1:34 PM in response to julesb32

I Have the same problem on my iPhone 5. Videos taken 9/19/13 and later are OK. Videos taken 8/25/13 and earlier are cropped. This applies only to videos in Portrait format. For these I only see the middle third of the video - the top and bottom thirds are missing.

I sent one of these to my iPad using PhotoSync, and then sent it back the same way. This version does not have the problem.

Sep 28, 2016 12:35 PM in response to julesb32

Hi! I have this issue too, I'm on iOS 10.0.2, good thing I found this thread, I googled really hard.

Did anyone find solution for this issue? I noticed same issue yesterday on my IPhone 6 with IOS 10.0.2 installed, several videos I shot several years ago on iPhone 5 in portrait orientation are cut at the top and bottom and played in landscape mode. Like it's already said, if I try to edit such video it plays fine.

I haven't checked these videos for a while, may be I had this issue on later versions of iOS 9..

IfI transfer such video with airdrop to other device it plays fine on that device, also if i transfer that video from that device back to my iPhone 6 it plays fine too.

Videos are cropped on my phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.