Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos that had been on my Laptop were downloaded onto my phone and I can't get them off.

So basically for the past year I have had about a thousand photos on my phone that were downloaded from my laptop. i didn't purposelly download them but I think I accidentally did. Anyway for the past year I have been trying to delete, undownload, remove them from my phone. I have tried everything that I have read online or had people tell me, and nothing has worked.

So if anyone could please assist me or give me adive that would be very helpful.

Thanks a Bunch,

Hannah

PS. I dont have an Apple computer so I cant use Image Capture to do it.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 6:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 15, 2015 5:23 PM

If the photos were placed onto your phone by syncing from a computer using iTunes (and from what you describe, that sounds like what happened), you can remove them by syncing with iTunes again using the instructions below (from Sync photos from your computer to your iOS device using iTunes - Apple Support )

Delete synced photos

1. In iTunes, locate and click on your device.
  2. Click Photos.
  3. Choose "Selected albums" and deselect the albums or collections you want to delete.
    To delete all synced photos, deselect "Sync Photos from" and, when asked, click "Remove photos."
  4. Click Apply.

Learn how to delete photos and video synced from iTunes when you can't access the originals.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 15, 2015 5:23 PM in response to naked_spacebears

If the photos were placed onto your phone by syncing from a computer using iTunes (and from what you describe, that sounds like what happened), you can remove them by syncing with iTunes again using the instructions below (from Sync photos from your computer to your iOS device using iTunes - Apple Support )

Delete synced photos

1. In iTunes, locate and click on your device.
  2. Click Photos.
  3. Choose "Selected albums" and deselect the albums or collections you want to delete.
    To delete all synced photos, deselect "Sync Photos from" and, when asked, click "Remove photos."
  4. Click Apply.

Learn how to delete photos and video synced from iTunes when you can't access the originals.

Photos that had been on my Laptop were downloaded onto my phone and I can't get them off.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.