Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Automator workflow ran twice on every activation, then stopped working entirely

Running MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012), 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 16 GB memory 1600 MHz DDR3, OS 10.11

---

Automator problem: I'm having trouble with a workflow since upgrading to El Capitan, and solutions found on Google don't seem to apply.

The idea is to watch a folder for new pictures and then email them at a reduced size. Pretty simple, and the workflow I had built before El Capitan worked flawlessly and consistently. After moving to El Capitan, though, that workflow stopped functioning altogether.

So I trashed the file, emptied the trash and rebuilt the workflow. I pasted a screenshot of it in this post. It took a bit of unexpected finagling, but the flow eventually worked. Kind of. It began emailing every photo twice.

The obvious answer there is that I somehow created two identical Automator workflow files and lost track of one. However, the file lives at Library/Workflows/Applications/Folder Actions, and I can see it’s solo.

I checked the Automator folder inside my iCloud Drive, and it’s not there either.

If that all wasn’t bad enough, I noticed one of the many tests I performed didn’t attach a photo to the email at all, but it’s double-send twin did.

Shortly thereafter, the workflow stopped working entirely.

Any ideas? I’ve repaired disk permissions in Disk Utility, and I zapped the P-Ram on restart, but no effect.

See the attached screenshot for how the workflow is built. Remember, this is exactly how it looked when it emailed twice and now that it doesn’t work at all. I didn’t change a single thing.

User uploaded file

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 6:06 PM

There are no replies.

Automator workflow ran twice on every activation, then stopped working entirely

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.