Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted synced folders of photos keep showing up again?

Hello!

I've synced some photos before to my iPad Mini, which were divided into folders. After some time, I didn't really need some of the folders anymore so I deleted them when I synced my iPad again. A few days after, the folders that I deleted re-appeared in the Photos app, but they contain parts of the photos in the folders that I have not deleted.

LIke, let's say that at first, I synced folder A, folder B, and folder C. In the next sync, I deleted folders B and C, and only kept folder A. After some time, folders B and C reappeared in the Photos app. They do not contain their original photos. Folder B has 10 pictures from folder A and folder C also has 10 different photos from folder A.

My iPad did not restart or crash when this happened, although I did try to turn it off and on to see if the folders would disappear. I also resynced and deleted the old photo cache, but the deleted folders (without their original content) keep reappearing.

iPad mini Wi-Fi, iOS 9

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 5:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 6:11 AM

Had you updated the iPad's iOS version ? I get old folder names showing when I do (I update iOS directly on my iPad, not sure if the same thing happens if updates are done via a computer's iTunes), sometimes with multiple copies of them (and they contain photos from other folders) - the only way that I've so far found to remove them is to change my photo folder sync selection (e.g. add an extra folder or remove one), resync, and then change the selection back to what I want and resync. Is that something that you've also tried, changing your sync selection or only resyncing ?

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2015 6:11 AM in response to tiedshoelaces

Had you updated the iPad's iOS version ? I get old folder names showing when I do (I update iOS directly on my iPad, not sure if the same thing happens if updates are done via a computer's iTunes), sometimes with multiple copies of them (and they contain photos from other folders) - the only way that I've so far found to remove them is to change my photo folder sync selection (e.g. add an extra folder or remove one), resync, and then change the selection back to what I want and resync. Is that something that you've also tried, changing your sync selection or only resyncing ?

Deleted synced folders of photos keep showing up again?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.