Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Numbers won't let me email files

I can't share files via email. It will only allow me to share by messages or notes.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 6:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 6:36 AM

Have you tried restarting your computer?

SG

13 replies

Oct 9, 2015 12:15 PM in response to Russ_Bus

If you've already tried the restart, then you could try a couple of other things:

Try opening Pages and seeing if you can email a document from there. This will give you a clue as to whether this is Numbers-specific or perhaps a broader problem. If it's Numbers only you could to Launchpad, hold down the option key until the icons quiver, then click the x by Numbers to delete it. Then redownload it from the Mac App Store and see if that clears up the problem.

Try opening Numbers In another user account on the same machine (you may have to add a temporary account, which you can delete later) to see if you get the same behavior. If it works ok there, then you may have something in your preferences or other Numbers-related files that will have to be cleared out.

SG

Oct 11, 2015 5:59 PM in response to Russ_Bus

quit Numbers and Pages and Keynote

select the Finder menu item "Go > Go To Folder…"

enter (you can copy from here) the folder:

~/Library/Preferences/

Now scroll down and locate the files:

com.apple.iWork.Keynote.LSSharedFileList.plist

com.apple.iWork.Keynote.LSSharedFileList.plist.lockfile

com.apple.iWork.Keynote.plist

com.apple.iWork.Keynote.plist.lockfile

com.apple.iWork.Numbers.LSSharedFileList.plist

com.apple.iWork.Numbers.plist

com.apple.iWork.Pages.LSSharedFileList.plist

com.apple.iWork.Pages.LSSharedFileList.plist.lockfile

com.apple.iWork.Pages.plist

com.apple.iWork.Pages.plist.lockfile

select these and ,one the to the trash (do NOT empty the trap yet).

now start Numbers and see if the problem is resolved.

Oct 11, 2015 8:21 PM in response to Russ_Bus

If it works as expected under another user account on the same machine, then it *appears* that you can rule out a corrupted document or failed app download, but have a problem somewhere in the settings or preference files related to that one account..

Unless Wayne has some ideas it may make sense to contact Apple, perhaps make an appointment at an Apple Store if you are anywhere close to one.

SG

Numbers won't let me email files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.