Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

While in call sound slight crackles / slight distortion

iPhone 6s plus 128 -

this phone has been nothing but a headache - iv returned my phone 4 times now on number 5 all of which has this slight sounding distortion coming from the headset itself when you hold up to you head to hear your phone call -

now it only does it with volume at max and when your talking to someone with a louder type voice - I called 611 I can hear it even calling home depot and hear their recoded message system you can hear this slight crackle or distortion. almost like the speaker in the phone was slightly blown, no problems with speaker phone speaker

all 5 phones have had this issue but they tell me they haven't heard of this issue -

anyone else noticing this,

carrier tmobile -

ios version ( did it on 9.0. and 9.0.2

tried altering various settings - no luck

they sent my phone off to the engineers to investigate the problem - now I have to wait again --------------

never had this issue with any iPhone iv owned I will say the 5s still had the best output for sound -

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 6:28 PM

1 reply

Oct 31, 2015 11:05 AM in response to ThisPhoneHas been Trouble

HI, I have exactly the same problem in my Iphone 6S Plus with IOS 9.1. The sound quality from the earspeaker is horrible when making phone calls. I have now already 4th Iphone 6S Plus and they all have had exactly the same issue. First one was tried to be fixed at Apple service. They even changed the earspeaker but no change in the sound quality. I have changed a new SIM card from the same operator, no change. I have tried a SIM card from other operator, no change. It seems to be the problem is not in the earspeaker itself as the voice recorder plays flawless sound via earspeaker. The problem has to be somewhere in the phone functionality - either software or hardware. Both Iphone 5S and 5C do not have any problem with the same SIM card and they have a perfect sound quality.

When I have called Apple support they said they have not heard earlier anything about this problem. It sounds really strange as the sound quality in all of these 4 phones have been identical and below any standard. Many people have been complaining about this since IOS 8.3 in Iphone 6 and the problem still exists in IOS 9.1 with Iphone 6S and 6S Plus. APPLE PLEASE DO SOMETHING!

While in call sound slight crackles / slight distortion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.