Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TOC not displaying from any iBA Templates

iBA v2.4 running on X.11 and testing on iPads and iPhones running iOS9.02, latest version of iBooks on iOS.

I've tried using all of the existing templates in iBA and i can't seem to get the Portrait (scroll) view TOC to work. I'm trying to figure out if this is a bug in iOS9 since even older iBooks i've exported from iBA do not seem to work now.

To replicate open a new document with any of the landscape or portrait templates, my typical test case is the Contemporary Template. Add some additional chapters and add some content to them. Preview the document on an iPad (same results also when exporting .ibook file and loading that directly).

Open the book in iBooks on the iOS9 device (iPad or iPhone) navigate the book, touch to bring up the iBooks menu icons touch TOC icon. Regardless of the orientation of the device I seem to only be getting the chapter level thumbnails icon navigation and not the list view book level TOC which should show up in portrait orientation. In an early version of iBooks the Pinch in gesture when in Portrait orientation would take you to this TOC but that now closes the book and returns you to the Library.

Have double checked to make sure that 'Disable Scrolling View' is not checked (this doesn't seem to make a difference one way or another).

I've attempted to load iBooks that have been exported in earlier versions of iBooks Author and none seem to display the list view TOC, only the Thumbnails for a chapter level.

In iBA you can still get to the list view TOC and edit it by clicking on Table of Contents in the left side bar and then clicking on the Scrollable View button from landscape templates. Some books including the Apple Swift Books, the TOC still seems to work, but others, even the E.O.Wilson book seems to have a broken TOC.

Has anyone found work around for this or is this a feature that has been deprecated?

Thanks,

c

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 7:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 1:37 PM

Mystery Solved, turns out this is a feature and not a Bug. To access the Book level TOC from iBooks Author you have to manually put iBooks on iOS9 in Scroll View, which is hidden under the display controls (upper right AA menu) and enable Scroll View. Otherwise, iBooks now only shows what the Desktop Calls Thumbnail View as the TOC.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2015 1:37 PM in response to Chris Mattia

Mystery Solved, turns out this is a feature and not a Bug. To access the Book level TOC from iBooks Author you have to manually put iBooks on iOS9 in Scroll View, which is hidden under the display controls (upper right AA menu) and enable Scroll View. Otherwise, iBooks now only shows what the Desktop Calls Thumbnail View as the TOC.

TOC not displaying from any iBA Templates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.