Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't my iPhone be used with the iTunes version I have?

Since my brand new iPone 6 updated to iOS 9.0.2 on the initial set up, now when I plug my phone in to sync it, I get the following message: The iPhone “Ann's iPhone” cannot be used because it requires a newer version of iTunes. Go to www.itunes.com to download the latest version of iTunes.

I checked my iTunes for updates and got this message: This version of iTunes (11.4) is the current version.

I checked my MacBook Pro, which is on Mac OS X Version 10.6.8, for updates and got this message: Software Update doesn’t have any new software for your computer at this time.

What gives?? Is iOS 9.0.2 making my 4 year old MacBook Pro obsolete for working with my new phone? Is this Apple's way of saying I need to spend more $ to upgrade?? Any help to resolve this would be appreciated. Thank you!

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 6:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 7:43 PM

What gives is that you need to upgrade your operating system on your computer. Your computer is NOT obsolete.

2 replies

Why can't my iPhone be used with the iTunes version I have?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.