Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Someone called AppleCare under my AppleID, and opened a ticket. What do I do?

I got an email this afternoon asking me to participate in a survey regarding my last call with AppleCare. It gave me the rep's name and the case ID. I assumed it was spam but thought I'd check anyway. I put the case ID into the support system along with my email and voila the ticket is real.

First thing I did was change my password. Then I checked the credit card associated with my account and there are no bogus charges. So now I'm wondering, what's this all about and if there's anything I need to do.

Not sure if this actually has any implications on me other than my account security, so I'm asking here. Perhaps someone else has had a similar experience?

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 7:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 7:45 PM

Yours is about the 4th instance of this I have seen - and i surely don't see them all!

go here and follow the path > Contacting Apple for help with Apple ID account security

I am pretty sure this is just an internal snafu, so I wouldn't lose any sleep. But do follow through.

4 replies

Someone called AppleCare under my AppleID, and opened a ticket. What do I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.