Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What to do about an Unsuccessful iOS update, that Corrupted phone?

I updated to iOS 9.0.1 and then to iOS 9.0.2 to try and cure some of the problems that iOS 9.0.1 caused. I am one of those people who the Updates caused iMessages to Stop working. Also, I noticed Siri can no longer hear me, either, after the Update. The microphone works perfectly fine, as I can record from any other Apps very well. I can record audio clips in Messages, but it is just constant Static noise. This noise is not present at all on the other Apps, and they sound perfectly. Everythng was working great unitl the moment I updated a week or so ago. The update "appeared" to be successful I have updated this same phone, before, and had no problems with it. It is just this Last two updates, that I'm hearing a lot of people are having problems with. It was supposedly supposed to "fix" problems with people's iMessages, and ended up Causing more people to have problems than the phones that it Cured. I have read pages and pages of websites of people who are now having problem with iMessages, after the Updates. My question is, what to do about it, now? How do I get rid of these Updates? I tried resetting "All Data & Settings" and I reset All "Network Connections" I rebooted numerous times. I did a hard power reset, by holding the buttons, nothing is fixing the damage these Updates caused. What can I do now?

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 7:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 8:25 PM

You have a few options.

First the mic responsible for Siri is not the same mic that records voice memos/ phone calls.

It is the front mic which is used for front facing videos. (Theres also a rear mic you can test with rear facing videos)

If the sound works on the front facing video then you know the mic is working.

If it is software related you should restore your phone and not use a backup (set up as new)

Backups have been known to bring back issues.

This is the only way to ensure you are using completely new software.

If the phone works great after the restore and setup as new then you can reset the phone again and restore from the backup.

If the issue comes back then you know the issue is in the backup and you'll have to reset the phone again and setup as new.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2015 8:25 PM in response to Sofearnot

You have a few options.

First the mic responsible for Siri is not the same mic that records voice memos/ phone calls.

It is the front mic which is used for front facing videos. (Theres also a rear mic you can test with rear facing videos)

If the sound works on the front facing video then you know the mic is working.

If it is software related you should restore your phone and not use a backup (set up as new)

Backups have been known to bring back issues.

This is the only way to ensure you are using completely new software.

If the phone works great after the restore and setup as new then you can reset the phone again and restore from the backup.

If the issue comes back then you know the issue is in the backup and you'll have to reset the phone again and setup as new.

What to do about an Unsuccessful iOS update, that Corrupted phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.