Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Confusion over unlocking carrier

I am confused over the phone unlocking. I am currently using 48 carrier, and if I were to buy a new iphone 6s through online apple store, is it I do not need to any unlocking but just to insert the nano sim card and it will then function?

iPhone 6s, null

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 7:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 7:06 PM

It would depend on the phone. If you purchase a phone that is locked to a different carrier, then the answer would be yes. I'm not sure where this carrier is, but you would probably need an unlocked phone to use there, unless you purchase it from that carrier. I cannot find that carrier listed in any of the approved iPhone carriers listed here.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2015 7:06 PM in response to williamzzz

It would depend on the phone. If you purchase a phone that is locked to a different carrier, then the answer would be yes. I'm not sure where this carrier is, but you would probably need an unlocked phone to use there, unless you purchase it from that carrier. I cannot find that carrier listed in any of the approved iPhone carriers listed here.

Confusion over unlocking carrier

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.