Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios9 App Store, iTunes, podcasts disappeared!

after the update on my iPad, I realized I didn't have my podcast app. I decided to open iTunes and look for a ppodcast that way...and the iTunes app was gone. I figured I'd redone load the apps....and my App Store is gone!! these are not third party apps! and who knows what else is missing...HELP HELP PLEASE HELP

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 9:03 PM

3 replies

Oct 8, 2015 9:37 PM in response to sweetuserchick

There is no iTunes app, only an iTunes Store app. You probably mean Music app.

Since these apps can't be deleted, they are still on your device. First, do a Spotlight search for them. You should also check if someone inadvertently put restrictions on them (that would hide them from view): Settings > General > Restrictions.

Also try a simple Reset by holding down the Wake/Sleep and Home buttons until the Apple logo appears.

Oct 9, 2015 10:08 AM in response to Rysz

tthey CAN be deleted because of the glitch in the new iOS. and I DO mean iTunes.

i have done all that. I restarted. I did a spotlight search, and within the search I told it to check the App Store, and nothing happened. I went to a website for an app so I could try to click the "open in App Store" link, and nothing happened.

PLEASE don't respond if you're going to tell me that this isn't actually happening. it is happening, and I need to know how to fix it. 😟

Oct 19, 2015 10:11 PM in response to sweetuserchick

MY sister had a similar issue awhile back, it turned out she had restrictions turn on in settings and had restricted access to the apps under restrictions and this removed them from the screen. To fix I just signed into parental restrictions and unelected them from blocked content. Don't know if this is your issue as well but worth checking. Hope you get it figured out.

ios9 App Store, iTunes, podcasts disappeared!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.