Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

within iPhoto I can only open events via Slideshow, I cannot open Events or photo by double clicking

Hi,

Within iPhoto (9.5.1) I cannot open a particular Event or particular Photo by "double clicking", the only way I can view an event is by using "Slideshow" & to view a particular Photo then "pause while in Slideshow mode". It is my opinion that this has occurred from original purchase? I have tried to rectify via iPhoto Library First Aid and undertaking the top 2 activities (replacing permissions, re-build thumbnails) however to no avail and am reluctant to progress to the next 2 activities (repair Database, and Rebuild database) unnecessarily. Appreciate if somebody could provide a remedy to this issue?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 8:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 1:11 AM

Is this restricted to one particular event only? Do the rest work normally?

11 replies

Oct 15, 2015 12:24 AM in response to Greg Billie

Option 1

Back Up and try rebuild the library: hold down the command and option (or alt) keys while launching iPhoto. Use the resulting dialogue to rebuild. Choose to Repair Database. If that doesn't help, then try again, this time using Rebuild Database.

If that fails:

Option 2

Download iPhoto Library Manager and use its rebuild function. (In early versions of Library Manager it's the File -> Rebuild command. In later versions it's under the Library menu.)

This will create an entirely new library. It will then copy (or try to) your photos and all the associated metadata and versions to this new Library, and arrange it as close as it can to what you had in the damaged Library. It does this based on information it finds in the iPhoto sharing mechanism - but that means that things not shared won't be there, so no slideshows, books or calendars, for instance - but it should get all your events, albums and keywords, faces and places back.

Because this process creates an entirely new library and leaves your old one untouched, it is non-destructive, and if you're not happy with the results you can simply return to your old one.

Regards

TD

within iPhoto I can only open events via Slideshow, I cannot open Events or photo by double clicking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.