Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

recover external 1tb seagate hard drive data when installing time machine and did erase

HI,

i have bought new Macbook pro for Graphic Designing.

i have use my external hard drive 1 TB seagate for back up

but when i plug in with macbook pro the message was came for time machine backup

when i say yes it was asked me for erase and i did that but after that i check nothing in my external hard drive.

could you please give me solution how to bring back my external hard drive back up.

i am so worry, please help me in this matter.

Thanks and your support

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 7:47 PM

1 reply

Oct 8, 2015 9:11 PM in response to sanaryaz

when i say yes it was asked me for erase and i did that but after that i check nothing in my external hard drive.

The external hard disk's will not contain anything until a Time Machine backup is complete.

To learn how to use Time Machine read Use Time Machine to back up or restore your Mac - Apple Support.

The initial backup will take a long time: If a Time Machine backup takes longer than you expect - Apple Support.

recover external 1tb seagate hard drive data when installing time machine and did erase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.