Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone crashing after 9.0.2

Beside terrible battery life and unusable podcast, my iphone start to crash last night.

I mean the whole machine shut down, and it will keep shuting itself down during reboot.

it would shows the white screen with apple, then the screen will dim and restart. It took me 10 mins. to boot up my iphone this morning.

It is a iphone 5, and I get it replace last month. So basically a new machine and still under th 90 days warranty.

My machine is working fine before iOS update.

This iOS is by far, the worst iOS I had ever used.

iPhone 5, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 7:48 PM

5 replies

Oct 8, 2015 8:37 PM in response to hon kei

You cannot. Apple does not support downgrading of iOS. You need to troubleshoot the issues you are experiencing to correct them. User troubleshooting consists of restart, reset, restore from backup, restore as new.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Oct 8, 2015 8:37 PM in response to hon kei

You cannot downgrade.

Try the typical troubleshooting steps.

Turn the phone off and turn on.

Then try Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings (Will not delete data (pictures, texts, etc.)

If these don't work Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Contents and Settings. (Factory Restore, Deletes Everything)

You can attempt to restore from the backup (iCloud or iTunes)

If the backup brings the issue back, then you will have to restore again and Setup as New.

You can recover your contacts by logging in with the account they are tied to (iCloud, Gmail, Yahoo, etc)

iphone crashing after 9.0.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.