Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

autofill incorrect

Hi.

I entered my email address incorrectly in a Safari form.

Now every time I start filling in a form in Safari the incorrect information populates.

How do I remove the incorrect information?

I've already gone to Safari>Preferences>Autofill and deleted everything and it still fills in with incorrect information.

I've deleted everything in Keychain too to no avail.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

And where are the suggested autofill items located?

Thanks.
Rich

El Capitan 10.11

Safari 9.0

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 8:17 PM

16 replies

Oct 9, 2015 4:50 AM in response to Linc Davis

Hi Linc.

Thanks for the reply.

This is what I meant:

Safari>Preferences>Autofill

User uploaded file

then I click Edit and select all and delete everything.

When using Safari and I start entering my email address in a form to logon, the incorrect information populates.

User uploaded file

The correct email address begins with iricci but it populates with the incorrect idicci.

This also happened just as I typed in my reply to you.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

RR

Oct 10, 2015 2:36 PM in response to itsrich

Triple-click the line below to select it:

~/Library/Spelling/LocalDictionary

Copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. From the Finder menu bar, select

Go Go to Folder...

and paste into the box that opens (command-V). You may not see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return. A folder may open with an item selected. If it does, open the selected item in a text editor such as TextEdit.

autofill incorrect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.