Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery indicator - Battery is Charged, or Not?

I have this rMBP 15" mid-2015 running OS X 10.11.

the battery indicator says the battery is charged, the charger light is green, however, from the system information (about this mac->system report->power) it says it is 80XX out of 84XX and it is charging. Also, I ran coconut battery app and it agrees what the system information says. Why the indicator and light are off? Is this a bug from 10.11? Any one has the same problem or this needs to go to the apple store to be repaired?

Thanks.

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 8:11 PM

1 reply

Oct 8, 2015 8:27 PM in response to phoneuser

Your battery charges strongly until it reaches about 80 percent charged, then the charge rate is reduced to trickle-charge levels for the rest of the charging. I have never read anything that indicates whether the charge indicator on the power adapter turns green at that point, but I expect that it may, because the power drawn from the power adapter drops dramatically at that point.

I don't see this as a Bug. Your Mac is taking care of you, and it seems to be doing a good job.

About Mac NoteBook batteries -- Apple Support

Battery indicator - Battery is Charged, or Not?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.