Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Device Enrollment notification from unknown source keeps popping up

Immediately after upgrading to OS X El Capitan 10.11 I keep getting "Device Enrollment" notifications that I do not recognize or understand. This one says:

"Device Enrollment: Jackson So Sch District 9 can automatically configure your Mac based on settings provided by ..."

I have no idea who / what Jackson So Sch District 9 is. Before upgrading to OS X 10.11 I never saw anything like this.

MacBook Air, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 11:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 8:43 PM

Does this happen on your home Wi-Fi network? Check the Wi-Fi menu to make sure you're connected to the right network.

7 replies

Oct 10, 2015 9:28 PM in response to Linc Davis

First of all, many thanks to you for taking the time to reply to my query. I appreciate it very much.

I'm traveling overseas and just logged into the WiFi at the airport and as I was looking for a Profiles in System Preferences the same "Device Enrollment" request came up. I've taken a screen shot to post here. I have no idea why Jackson County School District no. 9 in Oregon -- a place I have not visited in many years, would be trying to enroll my MBA.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Oct 10, 2015 9:32 PM in response to NusaDua

Something occurs to me ... In August 2014 I had to replace the Logic Board of my MBA (water spill). I'll bet the serial number of my Logic Board (bought via eBay because it came with an extended warranty) is linked to that school district. If that's the case, it's odd that it only started showing up after I upgraded to OS X El Capitan (and that I've seen other posts on the discussion boards about people having a similar problem after upgrading.).

Oct 11, 2015 8:10 AM in response to NusaDua

Update: I contacted the school district that shows up on my Device Enrollment notice and heard back from them same day --even though it was a Sunday -- and found out that my Logic Board, the one that I bought via eBay in September 2014, was stolen from that school district.

Of course it was not a pleasant outcome knowing that I was involved in purchasing something from a "fence" operation but it explains why I've been getting these messages.

Device Enrollment notification from unknown source keeps popping up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.