Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'El Capitan' bluetooth connection dropout

I didn't know where else to report this, so here goes...

I have a macbookpro 8.2, early 2011.

I just upgraded to 'El Capitan' my bluetooth trackpad and mini keyboard (both apple products) are now dropping their connectivity regularly... This was not an issue in Mavericks. And I know it's not the batteries.

Otherwise I'm stoked on the new update.

Model Name: Mac

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11), early 2011

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 8:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2015 7:40 AM

I am having exactly the same problem since I upgraded to El Capitan also. I also have a 15-inch MacBook Pro (Early 2011). My new Apple wireless keyboard and trackpad, which were working beautifully before the upgrade for the month that I've had them, now have frequent dropouts of the bluetooth connection with reconnections happening after a few to many seconds later. It is frustrating as I am a writer and spend hours at my computer, (it's elevated so that I can sit with an upright posture, thus my use of the wireless keyboard and trackpad), and the dropouts feel like I'm a runner tripping over logs across my path...

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2015 7:40 AM in response to k7michal

I am having exactly the same problem since I upgraded to El Capitan also. I also have a 15-inch MacBook Pro (Early 2011). My new Apple wireless keyboard and trackpad, which were working beautifully before the upgrade for the month that I've had them, now have frequent dropouts of the bluetooth connection with reconnections happening after a few to many seconds later. It is frustrating as I am a writer and spend hours at my computer, (it's elevated so that I can sit with an upright posture, thus my use of the wireless keyboard and trackpad), and the dropouts feel like I'm a runner tripping over logs across my path...

'El Capitan' bluetooth connection dropout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.