Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

nothing i can do?

was given iPad with n icloud or password. Person has passed away. What can I do now?

iPad Mini

Posted on Oct 8, 2015 11:28 PM

1 reply

Oct 8, 2015 11:35 PM in response to MissDeeDot

Hope this doesn't sound too rigid a reply but Apple will not provide the details you want without the most stringent checks. It is, after all, security ... and they would only have your word that the previous owner had passed away.

If the person was known to you and you have access to a death certificate, write to Apple support and ask what other information they would need in addition.

nothing i can do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.