Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi with Apple Extreme is fine until computer connected to modem and Apple Extreme is turned on. Never had this problem with old Apple Extreme/old routers..

WiFi with Apple Extreme is fine until computer connected to modem and Apple Extreme is turned on. Never had this problem with old Apple Extreme/old routers..

WiFi speed drops to less than 1 mbps when the computer that is connected to the modem and router is powered on. Very noticeable problem. The computer that is connected to the airport extreme via lan will continue to have normal download speed but any other wireless device will immediately lose 95% of its speed. I'm not sure why this is happening..

null-OTHER

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 1:18 AM

1 reply

Oct 9, 2015 4:51 PM in response to uhfewer

No computer should be connected to both a modem and a router at once otherwise you can cause looping in the network.

Connect the computer to either the modem or the router.. not both.

If I am not understanding the setup.. spell out the entire layout.

What modem.. Make and model?

What model is the extreme now.. I presume the AC one.. and what mode is it in??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.